Meet Our Founder and President, David P. Macino
David P. Macino is a full-time Investment Advisor Representative with “Macino Financial Services” and a Registered Investment Advisor Representative with “Virtue Capital Management” an SEC registered Investment Advisor. He is one of a select group of financial professionals in Northwest Ohio, licensed to offer investment strategies along with identifying and providing specific insurance planning. David brings his expertise and relationship from the NEA/OEA in facilitating the growth and development for hundreds of local teachers in Northwest Ohio regarding their 403B & TSA accounts. He soundly believes in the “Retirement Specialists” philosophy offering a total comprehensive approach to help clients make retirement a more relaxing experience.
He has been in the financial service industry for the last 11+ years and understands that his clients need a complete strategy when it comes to retirement income and not just rely on their 401K plans or Social Security benefits. David is licensed with his investment securities licenses along with his life & health insurance licenses. He is also pursuing other investment licenses and industry certification. Prior to the financial field, David was in the automotive industry, for over 25 years in both the aftermarket and original equipment sales. He was with AP Parts Company for 10 years as a Territory Representative, in Virginia and Washington, DC. Then he became a District Manager with both Monroe Shock’s and Walker Exhaust for 10 years. His performance was recognized and promoted to the OE Division, which allowed him to learn the manufacturing business as the Account Executive for Chrysler. His focus of responsible was design change pricing and unit sales for catalytic converters & all exhaust components for the Durango and Dakota truck line.
David earned a Bachelor’s Degree of Business, specializing in Marketing Management at the University of Toledo. He graduated from St. Johns Jesuit High School, where he was active in playing football, soccer and wrestling as he worked at his family’s business during the off seasons.
Bill Macino, David’s father owned “Macino’s Shoe Repair” in West Toledo for over 54 years and the business is still operated today by David’s brother, Al Macino. While working side by side with his dad as a youth, he learned to bring value to their work by offering a skilled profession and caring service to their customers. David’s Dad had customers coming back for over 50 years and like his Dad; David has many long-term relationships with clients in both the financial and automotive industry. David was born and raised here in Toledo and has three daughters who are in high school and junior high in the Sylvania area.
Qualifications and Achievements
• Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) FINRA Series 65, 63 and 7.
• National Social Security Advisor Certification
• Life & Health Licensed Insurance Agent in Ohio and Michigan
• Member Better Business Bureau
• Educational speaker for Insurance and Financial information
• BA of Marketing and Management, University of Toledo
• Graduate of St. John Jesuit High School
• Active member of Maumee Rotary Club
• Member of Financial Service Institute
• BNI member of Sylvania chapter-Profit Partners
• St. Joseph Church, Sylvania, OH; parishioner involved as service usher and CRHP member
• Wife of 32 years, Elizabeth and have 3 children, Alexis, Victoria and Elena
• Coached Sylvania United Soccer Club as well as Sylvania Youth Soccer Association.
• Serves on Board of Directors for the National Association of Insurance & Financial Advisors.
• Past member and officer, of Anthony Wayne Toastmaster Club.
Fiduciary duty extends solely to investment advisory advice and does not extend to other activities such as insurance product sales, including annuities, life insurance, and long term care insurance or broker dealer services. Advisory clients are charged a monthly fee for assets under management while insurance products pay a commission, which may result in a conflict of interest regarding compensation.