6 Simple Rules for Choosing An Investment Advisor
Before choosing an investment advisor, you should know exactly what services you need, what services the professional can deliver, any limitations on what they can recommend, what services you’re paying for, how much those services cost, and how the advisor or planner gets paid.
It pays to know everything you can before you choose an investment advisor.
- What type of professional are you talking with?
- Is the advisor a true advisor?
- Does the advisor have an ADV brochure?
- What services does the advisor offer?
- How does the advisor get paid?
- Does the advisor accept fiduciary responsibility or are they held to a suitability standard?